Monday, March 29th: Childcare – A Complex Crisis
Our first Interconnected Conversation focused on the childcare crisis in Minnesota. Panelists discussed the similarities and differences in childcare between urban and rural Minnesota, what potential business models may be a part of the solution and how the childcare crisis relates to other parts of our economy.
- Karen DeVos – Owner of Little Learners Early Childhood Center in Ada, MN
- Vanessa GoodThunder – Director of the C̣aƞṡayapi Waḳaƞyeża Owayawa Oṭi, the Lower Sioux Early Head Start and Head Start Dakota language immersion program in Morton, MN
- Dianne Haulcy – Senior Vice President of Family Engagement at Think Small in St. Paul, MN
- Shirley Toby – In-home daycare provider from Crystal, MN
- Marnie Werner – VP of Research & Operations, Center for Rural Policy & Development, Mankato, MN
- Christina Palladino, Senior Principal at Park Street Public, St. Paul, MN