The study’s findings documented the following:
- Only 52% of small rural businesses offered their full-time employees health insurance coverage.
- Only 4% of these same businesses offered insurance to their parttime employees.
- Over 40% of small rural businesses reported health insurance premium increases of 20% or more in the past 12 months.
- In addition to the premium increase, 26% of the small rural businesses reported increases in deductibles and co-payments.
- And most importantly, rural businesses reported that changes in their insurance coverage are having a negative impact on their ability to recruit and retain quality employees.
To read our full report, please click on the download link above.